JEE Main 2020, the engineering entrance exam for more than 8.5 lakh registered students across the country, is to be conducted by the National Examination Agency (NTA) from today, 1st September. The JEE Main examination could not be conducted at the earlier scheduled time due to Covid-19 epidemic and the examinations were postponed twice. However, this time NTA has decided to conduct examinations as per instructions and precautions by the government amidst the epidemic. In this sequence, the NTA has not only issued instructions to the examination centers for necessary health protection and precautions but also issued the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for the candidates going to appear in the examination. More precaution during the examinations and according to the instructions of the Ministry of Home Affairs
Instructions for JEE Main Examination
- Carry your Admit Card, Identity Card and Fota along.
- Take a transparent water bottle and ball point pen with you.
- Do not forget to keep a personal hand sanitizer (50 mL) with you.
- At the examination center, you will be given a fresh three-ply mask at the time of admission. Wearing masks brought from home will not be allowed.
- At the center, the temperature will be tested with thermongan at the time of entry.
- At the time of admission, you will be given a lab (room) number after scanning the barcode of the admit card.
- It will be necessary to follow the rules of social distance in the examination center and hall.
- Your security as well as social distance from other candidates will have to be maintained.
- For your safety the center will have a well-sanitized seating area, computer monitor, keyboard, mouse, webcam, camera and desk.
- The prescribed distance will be kept between the two seats.
- The candidates will be provided by the Rough-Sheet Examiner at their desk and will be wearing hand gloves. Candidates may ask for an additional sheet.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the exam center at the time of entry and place to place.
- All doors, stair railings, lift buttons, etc. will be sanitized.
- You will have to exit the hall one by one after the exam is over, not together.
- While coming out of the exam hall, you have to put your admit card and the rough sheet used during the exam in the drop box. If you do not do this, you may be disqualified.