International Day of Peace
The International Day of Peace (World Peace Day) commemorated every year on September 21 is dedicated to strengthening the ideals of peace, among all countries and peoples.
International Day of Peace History
The International Day of Peace observed around the world each year on 21 September. Established in 1981 by United Nations General Assembly resolution, the Day gives us a worldwide day for all mankind to commit to Peace above all differences and contribute to building a Culture of Peace.
Two decades later, in 2001, the General Assembly assign the Day as a period of non-violence and cease-fire.
The United Nations welcomes all nations and also people to honor a cessation of hostilities throughout the day, and to or else commemorate the Day through education and public awareness on issues related to peace.
International Day of Peace 2020 Theme
Theme 2020: “Shaping Peace Together”
Every year the International Day of Peace observed worldwide on 21 September. The UN General Assembly has declared, this day dedicated to empowering the ideals of peace, via observing 24 hrs. of non-violence and also cease-fire.
This year, it has been more clear than ever that we are not each other’s adversaries. Rather, our common enemy is a untiring virus that intimidates our wellness, safety and also very lifestyle. COVID-19 has thrown our planet right into trouble. This also advised us that what takes place in one part of the world can influence individuals almost everywhere.
In March, UN Secretary-General António Guterres contacted all warring events to put down their tools and also focus on the battle against this unexcepted global pandemic. While the message planned for armed forces, solidarity and cooperation throughout borders, generations and sectors are also required to win this new battle versus the most awful public health crisis of our time.
For the United Nations, 2020 was already implied to be a year of discovering and listening. To mark its 75th anniversary, the UN also invited peoples worldwide to sign up with UN75, the biggest and also furthest-reaching worldwide discussion on developing the peaceful and flourishing future that we want.
As we battle to defeat COVID-19, your voice is more vital than ever. In these hard times of physical distancing, this International Day of Peace will be devote to encouraging discussion and gathering ideas. The globe will be welcome to join as well as share ideas on exactly how to defeat this storm, recover our world and also change it for the better. Although we might not ability to stand beside each other, we can imagine together.
The 2020 theme for the International Day of Peace is “Shaping Peace Together.” Commemorate the day by spreading out kindness and hope when face with the pandemic. Stand together with the UN against effort to use the virus to promote discrimination or disgust. Join us to make sure that we can shape peace together.
International Day of Peace Activities
On the International Day of Peace, also known as Peace Day, people all over the world participate in several activities and organize events related to the concept “peace”. Events vary from private celebrations to public performances and forums involving large audiences.
International Day of Peace Ideas
Interfaith peace ceremonies.
A toast for peace.
A peace choir.
A peace convoy of vehicles.
Tree planting for peace.
Art exhibitions promoting peace.
Picnics for peace.
Organizations such as Roots & Shoots, a worldwide environmental and humanitarian program for young people, show their support for the occasion on an annual basis. Young people involved in Roots & Shoots might participate in activities such as crafting giant peace dove puppets from re-used products and flying the doves in their societies. People from diversified spiritual and religious backgrounds also carry out to arranging an International Day of Peace observance. People may observe a minute of silence at noon in every time zone throughout the world on Peace Day.
International Day of Peace Events
The International Day of Peace 2020 will be commemorate on the theme “Shaping Peace Together”. To commemorate the occasion, the world is requested to: escalate compassion, kindness and hope in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic; and stand all together with the UN against attempts to use the virus to promote discrimination or disgust.
Virtual Concert will be held to Celebrate International Day of Peace
On the occasion of the 75th anniversary of the United Nations, the United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI) provides the online concert Shaping Peace Together, that will be held on Monday, 21 September at 8:00 am (EDT/New York time).
Figure out many more events and activities on the UN Peace Day website or the International Day of Peace website.
Quotes on Peace
(Inspirational, Motivational and Famous Quotes)
International Day of Peace Quotes
1. We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. Dalai Lama
2. “There is no path to peace, peace is the path” Mahatma Gandhi
3. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other” Mother Teresa
4. “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace” Gautam Buddha
5. “We make war that we may live in peace” Aristotle
6. “Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.” Albert Einstein
7. “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.” J. Donald Walters
9. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” John F. Kennedy
10. “Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say that I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us and the world will be as one.” John Lennon
11. “Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.” Martin Luther King Junior
12. “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.” Nelson Mandela
13. “He that would live in peace and at ease, must not speak all he knows nor judge all he sees” Benjamin Franklin
14. “Peace, like charity, begins at home” Franklin D. Roosevelt
15. “Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding” Ralph Waldo Emerson
What is the rank of India in the Global Peace Index 2020?
According to The Global Peace Index (GPI) India place 141 among 163 countries