Do you know these 15 records related to IPL?
The next two months from September 19 are going to be good for Indian cricket fans. The thirteenth season of the IPL will begin in the UAE with the opening match between defending champions Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings. The BCCI has organized this year’s tournament in the UAE in view of the situation created in India due to the corona. Earlier in 2014, some IPL matches were held in the UAE. So which team has a chance to win this year ?? Whose mercury will be heavy ?? To know the answers to such questions, let’s see what the IPL statistics so far say.
1) The RCB team, which has so far failed to win the title once, is the highest scoring standard in the tournament… and that too has been done by the RCB not once but twice. RCB had scored 263 runs against Pune Warriors in 2013 and 248 against Gujarat in 2016. Chennai are third in the standings. In 2010, Chennai had scored 246 runs against Rajasthan.
2) Surprisingly, RCB also holds the record for the lowest score in the history of the IPL. In 2017, Kolkata Knight Riders beat RCB by 49 runs.
3) Mumbai’s 146-run win over Delhi in the 2017 season is the biggest run-scoring defeat in the history of the IPL. RCB team is in the second position and Kolkata team is in the third position.
4) So far, the result of 8 matches has been on the superover and Kolkata Knight Riders have participated in it 3 times. Rajasthan Royals have won the match twice in Super Over.
5) Kolkata Knight Riders hold the record for most extra runs in a match. The Kolkata bowlers had scored 28 extra runs against the Deccan Chargers in 2008.
6) RCB captain Virat Kohli is the highest run scorer in the history of IPL. He has scored 5,412 runs. Suresh Raina is in second place with 5,368 runs. Mumbai skipper Rohit Sharma is in third position with 4,898 runs.
7) Chris Gayle of West Indies is the highest hitter in the tournament. He has hit 326 sixes so far. The important thing is that none of the batsmen are currently in Gayle’s race.
8) Gayle also holds the record for most runs scored in an IPL. The 175 runs scored against Pune in 2013 is the highest score in the IPL. Gayle Kings XI Punjab is leading this season.
9) Gayle holds the record for most centuries in the IPL. He has scored 6 centuries so far and Virat Kohli is in second place with 5 centuries.
10) Lokesh Rahul’s 51 off 14 balls is considered to be the fastest half-century in the IPL.
11) Lasith Malinga is the highest wicket-taker in the IPL with 170 wickets. This year, he has withdrawn from the competition due to personal reasons.
12) 12 runs in 3.4 overs and 6 wickets is the best performance of the bowler in the IPL so far. Mumbai Indians’ Alzari Joseph had done this against Sunrisers Hyderabad last season.
13) Delhi’s Amit Mishra holds the record for most hat-tricks in the IPL. Veteran Amit Mishra has taken a hat-trick three times so far.
14) Kolkata Knight Riders’ Sunil Narine holds the record for most 4 wickets.
15) Praveen Kumar holds the record for most unbeaten overs in IPL. He has so far bowled 14 unbeaten overs in 119 matches.