Diwali precautions and safety tips
If you are going to celebrate Diwali (Deepawali or Deepavali), then understand two things first. First, it has been proven in many research that air pollution increases the risk of corona. Second, at this time the level of pollutants in the air increases significantly. Which directly affects the lungs. So celebrate Diwali but do keep some things in mind between Covid-19 and Air Pollution. Know what to do and what not to do with expert.
The Festival of Lights, Diwali is rounded the edge. Yet it’s a given that the biggest festival of this year is bound to be a low profile affair, thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic. Various state governments, consisting of Maharashtra, have currently asked people to be careful as well as avoid using crackers.
Doctors believe that the government has actually without a doubt taken an excellent choice asking people to avoid using crackers. Several still have queries on the preventative measures that needs to take considering that the shadow of the pandemic still looms large.
6 Essential Points to Celebrate safe Diwali
1. Do not use sanitizer before lighting a diyas or candles, do not use alcohol-containing sanitizer at all before lighting a diyas or candle. It can catch fire and cause an accident. Do the fire work only after 15 to 20 minutes after applying the sanitizer. It would be better to use soap and water instead of sanitizer.
2. Do not ignore these side effects of air pollution Air pollution leaves a bad effect on the body in many ways. Symptoms of respiratory diseases such as COPD, bronchial asthma begin to be severe. In addition to fatigue and headache, there may be eye, nose and throat irritation. There is a bad effect on the cardiovascular system. See the advice of a physician if such symptoms appear.
3. Take special care of the eyes
According to Eye Experts, air pollution and fire crackers can cause symptoms such as watery eyes, redness and itching. There may be blurred vision or reduced vision. This happens because the chemicals present in the air pollution directly affect the ability of tears to form.
It would be better to avoid going to places where there is more pollution and dust. If it is necessary to go, apply glasses and after returning, wash the eyes with plain water. Some eye drops also reduce the effect of pollution, you can take it with the advice of experts.
4. These precautions will reduce the impact of air pollution
- Do not let the ventilation of the house deteriorate. Open the windows of the house frequently, so that fresh air comes.
- Do wear masks as a precaution. It will also work to protect the effect of pollution along the corona to some extent.
- Do not rub if there is burning or itching in the eyes. Wash the eyes by splashing with water.
- Pollution is more in the morning and evening, so instead of exercising in the open, it is better to do room only.
5. Take an immunity enhancing diet. Enjoy the dishes prepared during the festival, but include foods containing vitamin-C, magnesium and omega fatty acids in the diet. These will increase the ability to fight against diseases. Seasonal, orange, dry fruits can be taken for this.
6. Take inhalers and medicines with you, especially respiratory patients, keep inhalers and necessary medicines with you. Apart from this, patients who have recovered from Covid-19 and who have respiratory problems, it is better if they celebrate Diwali at home.
Diwali Safety Tips: Essential for Your Kids and Family
- Try to celebrate this Diwali in your home by staying indoors to avoid subjecting you or your family members to the coronavirus.
- Go with indoor tasks, such as enhancing your home, indoor video games, watching movie and so on to keep everyone amused while indoors.
- If you as well as your family members can not do without firecrackers, purchase them only from a government licensed store.
- Always keep the fireworks in a shut safety box.
- Store crackers far from sources of fire.
- Keep crackers away from kids and children.
- Adhere to the guidelines as well as the safety preventative measures written on packages.
- Burst crackers just in open spaces, where you can maintain social distancing.
- Put on a face as well as a mask guard to cover your eyes, mouth and also nose.
- Utilizing a sanitizer might seem safe, however bear in mind that alcohol is flammable, as well. Unique treatment has to be taken when using it often, especially when you as well as your kids will be touching surface areas, firecrackers, etc.
- While lighting ‘rockets’, make certain that they encounter upwards and also not an open home window, door or road.
- Light the crackers from an arm’s size distance and also not any closer.
- Throw out the used crackers in a container of water.
- Always keep pails of water as well as coverings ready in case of a mishap.
- When rupturing firecrackers to treat minor injuries at home, keep a very first aid kit helpful.
- Always keep a fire extinguisher nearby to guarantee safety throughout Diwali.
- Ensure that kids are using suitable footwear while lighting fireworks.
- Park your vehicles in garages.
- Make your kids use fitted and light-weight cotton clothing while breaking crackers.
- Do not burn fireworks as well as crackers in crowded places, narrow lanes, near resources of ignition or inside your house.
- Avoid crowded places and also big celebrations in order to maintain social distancing, also.
- Hold need to drink hands and also hug individuals while wanting them for the occasion.
- Don’t allow your kids burst crackers in your absence.
- Don’t keep fireworks in pockets or bags.
- Do not take a look at crackers that were lit but did not burst. Let them go and also light a brand-new one.
- Don’t light crackers while holding them in your hands. Always keep a secure range from the crackers while lighting them– workout daredevilry in much more productive and secure activities.
- Stay clear of loose garments as they can catch fire rapidly. Do not wear clothes made from silk and artificial material.
- Do not keep lit diyas or candle lights near curtains or flammable materials.
- Do not light multiple firecrackers simultaneously as it can cause a crash.
- Do not make use of matches or lighters to brighten the crackers.
- Do not try out firecrackers or make your very own crackers.
- Do not burst crackers on roads as it can create mishaps.
- Do not offer your more youthful youngsters crackers that can explode, instead let them light sparklers and also various other gentler and also more secure fireworks.
- Do not be careless with your mask and use everything times.
- Don’t stay outdoors for too long.
With a few additional safety tips for Diwali events this year, you and also your kids can still enjoy. You will certainly need to seek means to remain indoors or maintain social distancing this year, but it is possible to have as much fun. You can likewise take into consideration choosing a green Diwali without crackers, to show your kids that the cheery season can be fun as well as environment-friendly, too!