National Education Day or Rashtriya Shiksha Diwas is celebrated annually on November 11. This day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Education Minister of Independent India. He was India’s first Vice President and also the first education minister of independent India from 1947 to 1958.
Since 2008, this day is celebrated to commemorate the birthday of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad because of his contributions in the area of education, national-building, and institution-building. Various campaigns and applications are coordinated on this day to spread awareness about education so that individuals may become aware of and brought to education.
National Education Day: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s participation to Education
- Azad functioned as the first Education Minister on independent India from 1947 untill his departure until February 22, 1958. Throughout his tenure of 11 decades, Azad encouraged research in eastern literature and learning and put up the 3 Academies to create the fine arts. He also begun to work on the compilation of specialized conditions in Hindi on a big scale.
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad put up some vital boards/commissions throughout his tenure which comprises the University Grants Commission, All India Council for Technical Education, Kharagpur Institute of higher education, The University education commission,” The Secondary education commission.
- He also based Sangeet Natak Akademi, Sahitya Akademi, also Lalit Kala Akademi to encourage education and culture in the country.
- Azad advocated education for girls and compulsory and free main education for children around age 14.
- Azad also launched IISc and College of Architecture and Planning, Jamia Millia Islamia, and IIT Kharagpur.
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad was a freedom fighter, journalist, also reformer and dedicated to building a country through education. The modern-day IITs and College of the Delhi University is regarded as his brainchild. He has been awarded the Bharat Ratna in 1992 because of his participation as a freedom fighter and educationist.
National Education Day 2020: Quotes And Wishes
‘Education imparted by heart can bring revolution in the society.” – Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
”Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model.” – Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
Read Also: Teachers’ Day: The day is celebrated on the occasion of Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan’s birthday
”Climbing to the top demands strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.” – Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
”To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.” – Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
”Be more dedicated to making solid achievements than in running after swift but synthetic happiness.” – Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
“If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.” – Chinese proverb
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Gandhi
“Literacy is the fertilizer needed for development and democracy to take root and grow.” – David Archer
“Education, a debt due from the present to future generations.” – George Peabody
“Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm Forbes
National Education Day wishes
Education is the most important thing in an individual’s life as it has the potential to change his future. Warm wishes on National Education Day.
The occasion of National Education Day reminds us all that we must never ever let a child stay deprived of education. Wishing a very Happy National Education Day to all.
The most beautiful and thoughtful present we can give a child is his education. Never miss a chance to educate a child. Happy National Education Day
When you educate a child, you change not just his present but all his life for good. Wishing a very Happy National Education Day to all.
On this occasion that celebrates the importance of education, let us always make our contribution towards educating a child. Happy National Education Day.
When each one is going to teach one then we will have every child an educated child. Best National Education Day wishes to you.
The power of education must never be underestimated. The goodness of education must never be ignored. A very Happy National Education Day 2020.