Today is Ganesh Chaturthi. Ganesh ji is worshiped on this day. There is also a different method of worshiping on this day, whose information we have brought here for you. Let us know from Jyotishacharya Pt Dayanand Shastri how Ganesh Chaturthi is worshiped. But before that, we know the auspicious time of Ganesh Chaturthi.
Auspicious time to worship Ganesh Chaturthi:
In the afternoon of August 22, 2020, from 11 in the morning to 06 in the morning, from 01 in the afternoon to 42 in the afternoon. The idol is installed at home on this day.
Chaturthi date starts – 21 August 2020 from 11 am 02
Chaturthi date ends – 22 August 2020 at 07 till 57 minutes
The idol immersion will be done on September 1, 2020.
Moonrise on 22 August 2020 – 9:00 PM
In this way worship Lord Ganesha:
- On this day, you should retire from bathing in the morning. Then make a statue of Ganesha.
- This statue can be made from gold, copper, clay or cow dung etc.
- Take a Kalash, fill it with water. Add betel nut to the water and tie it to the Kalash with a blank cloth.
- Set this urn on a checkpoint. Ganesh idol should also be established at this post.
- Offer vermilion, saffron, turmeric, sandalwood, molly etc. on the idol of Ganesha.
- Worship Ganesh ji with Shodashopchar.
- Offer 21 laddus to Lord Ganesha and offer Dakshina.
- Place 5 laddus near the statue and distribute it among the rest of the Brahmins.
- Lord Ganesha should be worshiped at midday.
- Then provide food to the Brahmins. Give them Dakshina as well. Then in the evening duly worship Ganesha.
- Then read the story of Ganesh ji and Ganesh Chalisa.
- Finally perform the Aarti of Ganesh ji and chant the mantra “Om Gan Ganpataye Namah”. Do this chanting even to a rosary.
- After the puja, offer the moon in the evening. Keep in mind that while offering the moon, keep sight low.
- It is believed that the moon should not be seen on this day.
- Also offer sindoor to Ganpati Bappa. Also offer 21 Durva Dal. Offer 21 laddus.
- 5 Offer Laddus to Lord Ganesha and distribute the remaining laddus to the poor.
- In the evening, worship Lord Ganesha by law. On this day, reading Katha and Ganesh Chalisa has different significance.
- Must also recite Sankat Nashan Ganesh Stotra.
- On this day, the worship of cow calf and the offering of barley and sattu also have their own significance.
- It is believed that wheat and rice, cow’s milk and milk products should not be consumed on this day.