Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday released an installment of Rs.18,000 crore to more than 9 crore farmers of the country under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. PM Kisan is a very ambitious scheme by the Central Government. This scheme aims to increase the income of farmers.
Under the PM Kisan Yojana, the government transfers a total amount of six thousand rupees to the bank accounts of farmers every financial year. This amount is sent to the bank accounts of the farmers in three equal installments. The government had sent the first installment of the current financial year to the farmers’ account in April. This helped the farmers affected by the enforced lockdown caused by Covid-19. After this, the government sent the second installment in August and third installment sent on 25 December.
PM-KISAN was launched by the Centre in February last year to provide direct financial assistance to small and marginal farmers. The PM-KISAN scheme is funded by the Centre; ₹ 75,000 crore per year is set aside for it.
To avail the scheme, farmers are required to register on the web portal www.pmkisan.gov.in by uploading documents that prove their eligibility. The data of beneficiaries uploaded by them undergoes a multi-level verification, including by banks.
Farmers can register themselves for the scheme by logging on to the web portal or using paid government-recognised facilities.
Earlier this year, the Centre launched a toll-free number – 1800115526 – to help farmers who want to avail the scheme.
Here is all you need to know about PM-KISAN, the Modi government’s income transfer scheme for farmers:
1. The PM-KISAN scheme was launched on February 24, 2019, with an aim to augment the income of the farmers by providing support to all landholding farmers’ families across the country, to enable them to take care of expenses related to agriculture and allied activities as well as domestic needs.
2. Under the scheme, an amount of Rs 6,000 per year is transferred in three four-monthly instalments of Rs 2000 directly into the bank accounts of the farmers, subject to certain exclusion criteria relating to higher-income status.
3. The scheme became effective from December 1, 2018, and the cut-off date for identification of beneficiaries with regard to their eligibility was February 1, 2019.
4. The responsibility of identification of beneficiaries under PM-KISAN scheme rests with the governments and administrations of state and Union territories. An exclusive web-portal www.pmkisan.gov.in has been launched for the scheme. The financial benefits are released to the beneficiaries on the basis of the data of farmers prepared and uploaded by them on the PM-Kisan web-portal.
5. The scheme initially provided income support to all small and marginal Farmers’ families across the country, holding cultivable land up to 2 hectares. Its ambit was later expanded from June 1, 2019, to cover all farmer families in the country irrespective of the size of their landholdings.
6. Affluent farmers have been excluded from the scheme such as income taxpayers in last assessment year, professionals like doctors, engineers, lawyers, chartered accountants etc and pensioners drawing at least Rs 10,000 per month (excluding MTS/Class IV/Group D employees).
7. Special provisions have been made for the North-Eastern States where land ownership rights are community based, Forest dwellers and Jharkhand, which does not have updated land records and restrictions on the transfer of land.
8. For enrollment, the farmer is required to approach the local patwari/revenue officer/nodal officer (PM-Kisan) nominated by the state government. Farmers can also do their self-registration through the Farmers Corner on the portal. Farmers can also edit their names in PM-KISAN database as per their Aadhaar database/card through the Farmers Corner. Farmers can also know the status of their payment through the Farmers Corner in the portal. Village-wise details of beneficiaries are also available on the Farmers Corner.
9. The Common Service Centres (CSCs) have also been authorised to register farmers for the scheme upon payment of fees. These facilities on Farmers Corner are also available through CSCs.
10. The total number of beneficiaries expected to be covered under the scheme is 140 million on the basis of the agriculture census, 2015-16. Beneficiaries are entitled to their benefit from the four-monthly period in which their name is registered by the state nodal officer (SNO) in the PM-Kisan Portal.
11. The Union agriculture ministry has also launched a 24×7 automated IVRS based helpline for status verification. Farmers can dial 1800-11-5526 or 155261 to know the status of their application. Besides, farmers can now reach out to the PM KISAN team on email [email protected]
How to check status
If you are also a beneficiary of PM Kisan Yojana then you will also be waiting for this installment. However, details related to PM Kisan Yojana are very easily available on the official website of this scheme. In such a situation, you can find out the situation related to it in minutes.
Let’s know step-by-step process:
1. First of all log on to the official website of PM Kisan.
2. Now in ‘Farmer’s Corner’ you will see the option of ‘Beneficiary Status’.
3. Click the link for ‘Beneficiary Status’.
4. Now select any one option in Aadhaar number, account number and mobile number.
5. Enter the number that you have selected and then click on ‘Get Data’.
6. You will get all the information related to all the installments sent by the government so far.