Garlic Tea Benefits for Diabetic Patients
In Ayurveda, garlic is used as a medicine. It has many medicinal properties which are beneficial for both health and beauty. It is cultivated in many countries around the world including India. At the same time, it is used in the kitchen to enhance the flavor. Doctors recommend eating garlic daily on an empty stomach to stay healthy. Many people consume garlic with hot water on an empty stomach in the morning. Apart from this, people also roast and consume garlic. If you do not like consuming garlic with hot water, you can make and drink garlic tea. Its intake helps in controlling blood sugar. Let’s know its benefits-
According to experts, garlic tea does not contain caffeine, which proves beneficial for high blood pressure or high blood sugar patients. If you do not consume tea due to high blood pressure or high blood sugar, you can drink garlic tea. Garlic is also a good source of vitamins B-6 and C. Vitamin B-6 is involved in carbohydrate metabolism. Vitamin C may also play a role in maintaining blood sugar levels. Garlic has antibacterial and antiviral properties. You can increase the taste of tea by mixing ginger and cinnamon in garlic tea. Garlic strengthens the immune system and transmits energy in the body. In addition, metabolism also improves.
Benefits of garlic tea
- Garlic tea reduces the amino acid homocysteine, which is considered a risk factor for diabetes patients.
- It is an antibiotic drink that improves your immune system.
- Diabetes can cause inflammation in the body, which can be reduced through garlic.
- Type 2 is similar to garlic tea medicine for patients. This lowers blood sugar level.
- It reduces cholesterol and other health risks associated with diabetes.
- Vitamin C is found in garlic which strengthens the immune system. Also keeps the body healthy and functioning.
- By its use, blood pressure is controlled and the heart remains healthy.
- It also prevent cancer cell growth.
How to make garlic tea at home
Boil two cups of water in a pan. Add one to three cloves of garlic, depending on your preference and black pepper and leave it there for 5 minutes. After this, remove the pan. Now mix cinnamon, lemon and honey accordingly and eat it. You can consume two cups of garlic tea a day.
8 Tips to lower Blood Sugar Levels
Risks and warnings
Garlic is quite potent both in taste and odor. Although it’s generally safe to eat, you may experience minor side effects. This includes:
You may be more likely to experience side effects if you eat raw garlic.
If you’re taking blood-thinning medications, consult your doctor. Garlic consumption may amplify the effects of these medications.
Disclaimer: This tips and suggestions are for general information. Do not take these as the advice of any doctor or medical professional.