The International Day of Happiness is celebrated all over the world every year on March 20. The International Day of Happiness is being celebrated since 2013 by the UN. On July 12th, 2012, in a resolution of the United Nations General Assembly, proclaimed March 20th as the International Day of Happiness.
Hunger, proper education and awareness, lack of medical facilities, and violation of human rights are some of the reasons for unhappiness around the world. Observation of the day, as a way to recognize the importance of happiness in the lives of people around the world.
International Day Of Happiness 2021 Theme
The theme of International Day of Happiness for this year is “Happiness For All, Forever”
International Day of Happiness quotes, wishes, and images
International Day of Happiness quotes
- “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” — Aristotle
- “Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy.” — Milton Erickson
- “Happiness is the secret to all beauty. There is no beauty without happiness.” — Christian Dior
- “The best way to cheer yourself is to try to cheer someone else up.” — Mark Twain
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.” — Anne Frank
- “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” — Dalai Lama XIV
- “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.” — Valerie Bertinelli
- “If you want to be happy, be.” — Leo Tolstoy
- “We’re all golden sunflowers inside.” — Allen Ginsberg
- “The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
- “The only thing that will make you happy is being happy with who you are, and not who people think you are.” — Goldie Hawn
- “There are lots of people I admire and respect, but I don’t necessarily want to be like them. I’m too happy being myself.” — James D’arcy
- “A well-spent day brings happy sleep.” — Leonardo da Vinci
- “The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don’t have.” — Woody Allen
- “Morality is not the doctrine of how we may make ourselves happy, but how we may make ourselves worthy of happiness.” — Immanuel Kant
- “It is the working man who is the happy man. It is the idle man who is the miserable man.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it.” — Mother Teresa
- Being happy doesn’t mean that everything is perfect. It means that you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections—Gerard Way
- Happiness doesn’t depend on what we have, but it does depend on how we feel toward what we have. We can be happy with little and miserable with much—William D. Hoard
- Rules for Happiness: something to do, someone to love, something to hope for—Immanuel Kant
- Everywhere you go, take a smile with you—Sasha Azevedo
- If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects—Albert Einstein
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful—Albert Schweitzer
- The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less—Socrates
- Happiness is not in things; happiness is in you—Robert Holden
- Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier—Mother Theresa
- If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes—Andrew Carnegie
- It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness—Charles Spurgeon
- Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking—Marcus Aurelius
- The secret of happiness is to admire without desiring—Carl Sandburg
- Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you—Mary Lou Retton
- Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul—Democritus
International Day of Happiness wishes
- Happiness is all around you, so busk yourself in the warm laughter and cheery smiles!
- Happy International Day of Happiness, love! Your happiness is the most precious!
- Happy World Happiness Day! Happiness is in all the little things around you, so be happy!
- A happy mind is a creative mind! Be happy now if you want to succeed in the future!
- My love, happiness suits you the most! I hope you never lose this beautiful smile on your face. Happy International Day of Happiness to you!
- If you choose to be happy today, happiness will come to you tomorrow!
- If you are content with small achievements, your happiness will last long! Dear friends,
- Happy World Day of Happiness to you! Be happy and spread your happiness!
- Love, Happy World Happiness Day! Let us seek our happiness in each other’s company!
World Happiness Report 2021
The World Happiness Report 2021 which was released by United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network on Friday recognized the toll that the coronavirus pandemic has taken over the general happiness and well-being of the people. This is the ninth World Happiness Report. In the report, Finland was ranked as the happiest country in the world, for the fourth time in a row. Denmark, Switzerland, Iceland, and the Netherlands followed in second, third, fourth, and fifth positions, respectively. Afghanistan was ranked the least happy nation. India ranked 139 out of 149 countries in the report. In the 2020 report, India had ranked 144 out of 156 countries. Among India’s neighboring countries, Pakistan ranked 105th, China 84th, Sri Lanka 129th, and Bangladesh 101st. Download the current report.
The survey used the Gallup World Poll through which people were asked to vote on three indicators: life evaluations, positive emotions, and negative emotions. Other than these, the survey also considered and evaluated data related to per capita Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the countries and other indicators like life expectancy, social support, freedom to make choices, and corruption perception.