World Wildlife Day
World Wildlife Day globally celebrated on 3 March every year to raise awareness of issues that affect wildlife. Earth is home to countless species, and wildlife plays an important role in balancing the environment. It can be discovered in all communities, deserts, jungles, plains, and other locations.
World Wildlife Day is observed to celebrate and raise awareness of the world’s wild animals and plants and going over the dangers they are dealing with and the urgent requirement for governments, civil society and people to include their voices and act to help conserve wildlife and guarantee its continued use is sustainable. The day likewise highlights the issues such as urbanization, poaching, contamination, damage of wildlife environment, and the ways that people can contribute to conservation efforts.
Why is World Wildlife Day celebrated?
World Wildlife Day is to commemorate and raise awareness of the world’s wild fauna and flora, and acknowledged the important role of CITES in making sure that global trade does not threaten the survival of species.
How do we celebrate Wildlife Day?
Set up a wildlife exhibition for education and awareness structure following the theme of the year when possible. Team up with local zoos, parks, arboretums, national parks, fish tanks or museums and motivate them to commemorate World Wildlife Day!
World Wildlife Day 2021 theme
“Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet”.
The theme is described on wildlifeday.org as: “As a way to highlight the central role of forests, forest species and ecosystem services in sustaining the livelihoods of hundreds of millions of people globally, and particularly of Indigenous and local communities with historic ties to forested and forest-adjacent areas.”
Previous years theme were
World Wildlife Day 2020 theme “Sustaining all life on earth”
World Wildlife Day 2019 theme “Life below water: for people and planet”
World Wildlife Day 2018 theme “Big cats – predators under threat”
World Wildlife Day 2017 theme “Listen to the young voices”
World Wildlife Day History
The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on December 20, 2013, at its 68th session decided March 3, the day of the adoption of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), as World Wildlife Day. World Wildlife Day has turned into one of the most important worldwide annual events committed to wildlife.
How can we make awareness to protect wildlife? Wildlife Awareness and Importance
Wildlife Awareness is an important and interesting subject of study. Wild Animals and forests form part of the vital natural resources of a nation and as such, all the components of Forests are classified under Wildlife. From time immemorial forest resources have actually given human nourishment. They are house to the most incredible herbs, medicinal substances, natural cosmetics and so on. Forests and Wild Life go together because forests serve as a home for wildlife. Wildlife also figures plainly in aboriginal art, legend, and event. Seasonal migrations of wildlife species have common routine values for people.
Wildlife Education deals lots of issues like includes protection of forests and farming of trees to make sure contributing lumber supply. takes care of forest resources by securing them from fire, pests, illness, advancement and indiscriminate felling of trees. The biodiversity of Wildlife of any country deserves attention because of our Reliance on Forest and Wildlife Resources.
Wildlife is The Least Understood and The Most Underestimated Source Of Sustenance. We depend on Wildlife we continue to ruin it and abuse it. Instead of Supporting human greed and selfishness is triggering it irreparable damage if not taken care of. Even those who comprehend it’s valued tend to disregard or do not have the will or resources to handle it.
However Environmental and Wildlife awareness has actually moved beyond a small group of concerned citizens to an international mainstream motion. Examples of such awareness are WWF, Greenpeace about important preservation principles, such as biodiversity, sustainability, community conservation, and endangered species recovery.
How do you spread awareness?
Possibly some of these could work for you too?
Host Educational Events. Invite people to attend an event where they can find out something really beneficial for their own lives, while also finding out about your issues.
Host Special Event. Make the reason to get together enjoyable and social, and after that tack on some info about your cause.
Organize a Project. Allow peoples or groups to offer together in some way related to your work, maybe on a special volunteer day.
Be the Valuable Good friend. Share handy tips in friendly way, such as how-to posts and lists.
Distribute Sales Brochures or Inserts. Where are people most naturally set off to think of your issues? Put sales brochures, inserts, or other “leave behind” products in those places.
Be the Trusted Expert. Release research, case studies, or data that positions you as a relied on expert on your issues.
Share Your Gratitude. Accentuate and share your gratitude for others who are doing great on your problem.
Disperse Wallet Cards, Magnets, Stickers, etc.. If you want people to keep a reminder convenient, make it small adequate to suit a wallet or appealing enough for a refrigerator or metal door.
Empower and Link Others. Unite people who have a common interest and facilitate their sharing and networking, so they understand they are not alone.
What will happen if we don’t protect wildlife?
Importance of Wild Life
We typically don’t pay much attention to this question as we consider it worthless or if we do, we have a Restricted or Inappropriate understanding. Wildlife is intricate and requires more focused attention which is not so difficult when discussed in an easy manner. Here we deal with this question.
- Indicators of Environmental Health: Although we have actually made many advancements in technology, we still need nature in order to survive. Wildlife is important to the harmony of nature. Wildlife acts as indications of the general state of health of Earth’s environment. We require it to be healthy in order for us to stay healthy. If we did not have these indicators, how would we know the state of the environment? For that reason a healthy environment includes wildlife.
- Source of Medicines: Animals are not implied for manufacturing medicines but the coexistence of animals and plants is necessary as it helps us in lots of ways like for example from wild forests we get important remedy and lotions and if we ruin wild forests we will most likely never ever discover a remedy for cancer or HIV or HELP. Numerous modern-day remedies consist of several components stemmed from a wild plant or animal. One familiar example is aspirin. Its active component is salicin, which is found in the bark of willow trees. The natural world is indeed a potent medication chest.
- Source of Medical Treatments: Likewise in medication, the advancement of new drugs and treatments depends greatly on wildlife. Most pharmaceutical items have been found or developed by studying wild species, not created on the basis of the principles of chemistry. Particular maggots and bees are utilized for treating conditions which are not treatable by Traditional Medicines.
- Conservationists of Medicinal Assets: Wildlife is important in the discovery or advancement of the majority of pharmaceutical items. Specific species destroy insects which cause damage to greenery which is of medicinal value consequently serving the Pharmacy Industries and Humankind too.
- Life Sustenance: Wildlife plays a vital role in the environmental and biological processes that are essential to life itself. Wildlife and wildlife habitat plays an important function in the environmental and biological procedures that are vital for the Nourishment of Life. The performance of the biosphere, and hence the maintenance and enhancement of human life, depends upon countless interactions amongst plants, animals, and microorganisms. These ecological processes are important for agriculture, forestry, fisheries, and other endeavors needed to human life. They likewise assist preserve ecological quality by degrading and otherwise eliminating some pollutants and by avoiding waste build-up.
- Maintainers of Ecological Balance: A few of the biological processes in which wild species play a key role are pollination, germination, seed dispersal, soil generation, nutrient cycling, predation, habitat maintenance, waste breakdown, and insect control. Birds, for example, can be important in controlling insect pests. Bulk of birds consume bugs, a few of which are a hazard to our crops and other sources without which or lack of which can spell crisis.
- Genetic Diversity: Wildlife and wildlife environment are also important for the conservation of genetic diversity. Farming, forests, and fisheries all count on crops or stocks that are adjusted to regional or regional conditions and that can hold up against pests, diseases, predators, pollutants, and other risks.
- Source of Tourist Economy: Wildlife Recreation is an important source for the economy. Every year countless visitors check out National Parks and Wildlife Habitats. Birdwatchers invest cash on accommodation, food, travel, and devices. The existence of these visitors makes a substantial contribution to the local economy. The influx of foreign visitors develops seasonal task chances and advantages the local economy. Centers where Wildlife seeing, observation or viewing has actually become an attraction which likewise produces profits. More active pastimes such as hiking, hunting, canoeing, or wildlife photography are a few of the income generating sources.
- The Inspiration for Arts: We may not depend directly on wildlife income however the role that wildlife plays in our lives is still extremely important. Through the ages, wildlife has motivated such human activities as art, music, dance, drama, story-telling, and poetry. It also plays a fundamental part in our spiritual lives, at least reminding us of the complexity and wonder of our world. And a lot of us still hang out bird feeders, purchasing special seed mixes, and volunteering on behalf of wildlife.
- The Inspiration for Exercise Forms: Yoga and various martial arts are based upon specific actions of animals. Particular designs of martial arts are based upon animals. Similarly, lots of Yoga Presents have actually likewise been motivated by animals.
- Life is Valuable in all Forms: We must likewise appreciate wildlife because animals and plants have a right to live. Even if they can not speak or reveal their emotions like human beings does not make them lesser. All the Faiths of the world supporter the preciousness of all life types. If we can not give life, we can not take it either.
How can we help stop poaching?
- Ask before you buy.
- Stick to certified products.
- Choose sustainable, eco-friendly pets.
- Eat only sustainable seafood.
- Petition your local government to stop or restrict legal ivory trade.
- Pledge your support.
- Report any illegal wildlife trade.
What are the biggest threats to Wildlife and Why?
Some of the biggest threats to wildlife include illegal wildlife trade, deforestation or destruction of their natural habitat, invasive species, pollution, and clime change. Unlawful Wildlife Trade: The illegal wildlife trade is the fourth biggest criminal industry on the planet, after drugs, arms, and human trafficking.
Can humans survive without animals?
Probably Not, as animals contribute to nature in ways that we will never be able to. For example, without birds, seeds will not be distributed, and numerous trees will disappear.
How are humans affecting wildlife?
Threats To Wildlife
- Global climate change is causing sea ice to melt.
- Hydroelectric power developments
- Oil spills that occur through oil exploration, development and transportation pollute key habitats
- Increased shipping and oil exploration
- Agricultural and industrial pollutants
- An ever-increasing human population
- Inadequate law-enforcement mechanisms
- Lack of conducive mechanisms for public participation in wildlife conservation processes
- Inadequate financial and logistic supports of conservation areas
- Insufficient information for wildlife resources of the country
- Lack or Absence of awareness about the values of wildlife
How can we protect animals?
- Raising Awareness: Spread the word amongst good friends, family members and the school neighborhood about the worth and significance of wildlife and wild environments. Educators require to nurture nature and young minds through Wild Education. Supplying simple access to understanding vital to the wellness of our lands and waters is essential.
- Save Energy: Usage less electrical energy. Shut off lights and refuse the thermostat. Motivate school administrators and parents at home to use energy-efficient appliances.
- Tree Plantation: Plant a native tree in your yard or in your schoolyard to absorb co2 from the atmosphere.
- New Sources of Energy: Explore the schedule of “green” energy from wind or other renewable sources for use at your school.
- Role of Young Generation: Catch them Young as the stating goes kids these days need to be exposed to numerous activities of wildlife education and wildlife preservation. The youngsters should learn and be trained to impart understanding about the range and worth of wildlife and it’s management. Wildlife camps through their activities consisting of regular theory classes, useful works in upkeeping, feeding, animal habits studies, training on wildlife photography, can teach a lot about the importance of wildlife.
- Neighborhood Involvement: Motivate neighborhood participation in the management and conservation of wildlife and safeguarded areas
- Include Politicians: Write to members of Parliament for action on contamination and environment change.
- Wildlife Curriculum: Consisting of Wildlife education in school curriculum
Gratitude: Appreciation of wildlife as a resource that adds colour and variety to the world brings a sense of humbleness to the realization of the interconnectedness of all types of life. A sense of awe establishes ultimately by its beauty, strength, and flexibility.
- Prevent Animals Products: Utilizing Wildlife items like shawls, ashtray, paint brushes, leather items and so on produces a market for them which in turn becomes a recognized business which influences more such activities.
- Caution: Inform the authorities or concerned authorities about any illegal activity including Wildlife. Don’t visit circuses as they have animals that are endangered.
- Get included: Join numerous projects and Contribute cash for activities connected to Wildlife Preservation. Lots of sites like – http://www.wwf.org/, http://www.wcs.org/, http://www.greenpeace.org/international/, http://www.peta.org etc. promote such activities Utilizing their services like sending out email greetings helps them in an indirect way.
- National Policies: To arrange a proper forum for discussion and discuss the effectiveness of existing nationwide policies and legislation for the appropriate preservation of wildlife and on the possibilities of upgrading details on the status of wildlife resources and assist in database storage.
- Recycle and Reduce: Reduce, reuse and recycle. It takes less energy to produce products from recycled items than from raw materials. Encourage yourself and others to minimize the use of their automobiles. Ask to consider an energy-efficient car when replacement time comes. These steps will decrease the Burning of nonrenewable fuel sources which will have a Positive effect on the environment.
- End up being Vegetarian: Vegetarianism is both healthy and an useful routine for conserving wildlife kinds. Lots of delicacies and recipes are based upon regional insects, reptiles, birds etc. which have a major impact on wildlife and as such the entire environment. Lots of species are dealing with endangerment because of the human taste for flesh.
WORLD WILDLIFE DAY 2021 QUOTES
- “The only good cage is an empty cage.” -Lawrence Anthony
- “The smaller the creature, the bolder its spirit.” -Suzy Kassem
- “Wild animals are less wild and more human than many humans of this world” -Munia Khan
- “Love about any animal or bird is pure because in that love u don’t expect anything from them” -Kedar dhepe
- “If we can teach people about wildlife, they will be touched. Share my wildlife with me. Because humans want to save things that they love.” -Steve Irwin
- “Animals are a window to your soul and a doorway to your spiritual destiny. If you let them into your life and allow them to teach you, you will be better for it.” -Kim Shotola