Tehran, (AP). The Iranian Army Revolutionary Guard admitted on Sunday that it had an encounter with American warships in the Arabian Gulf last week. He alleged that US forces started the incident.
Let us tell you that the US Navy released a video of Wednesday’s incident, in which small boats of Iran were coming towards the US warships at high speed in the Gulf of North Arabian near Kuwait. The Iranian army said, “Our army was practicing and we faced non-professional provocative action and warning from the US.” However, the Iranian military did not release any video or evidence to support its allegations. He accused US forces of intercepting Iranian warships on April 6 and 7.
At the same time, Pete Pagano, spokesman for the fifth fleet of the Bahrain-based US Navy, said that the Navy is firm on its statement of the incident on Wednesday. On the other hand, Iran’s Foreign Minister Muhammad Javed Zarif on Sunday criticized US President Donald Trump for tweeting that Iran would soon export ventilators despite the world’s worst outbreak. He said, “You just have to stop interfering in the affairs of other countries, especially trust me and me, we do not consult any American politician.”